Kate is done with 1st Grade

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Kate did so well in 1st grade this year. She loved going to school so much that she won an award for perfect attendance and also one for academic achievement. Her class voted her friendliest, which I think is true. She is always nice to everyone. I can't believe that she will be starting 2nd grade tomorrow (we are year round here). I was the room mom for her class this year. The end of the year party was a lot of fun. Her teacher told me she wanted to have a breakfast, so I had parents contribute food and I had Brandon come and make pancakes. We played a bingo game I made with all the kids names. Her class was called Bear Country so I made little white bears for all the kids and we used permanent makers and decorated the bears, then passed them around for all the kids to autograph. The kids really seemed to like it and there were some very creative bear decorators.






0 comments: