Funny or embrassing moments

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I was shopping for a new purse with the kids today. Kate was bringing me all different purses and asking me if I liked them. I would say "Yes, but it's too orange" or "it's too stripey" or "it's too big". Well I found a purse that was made of grass and looked like an upside down hat. I asked Kate if she liked it and she said "No, it's too Mexican". She said it loud enough for everyone around to hear and I was too embarrassed to ask her what she meant so we just walked away.

Matt came home from school the other day with a cross written on his hand (he goes to a Lutheran preschool, although we believe in Christ we don't typical use a cross for a symbol in our church). I asked him what it meant and he said that Jesus died on the cross for every ones sins. I laughed and he said "what mommy, they teach that at our church too". I told him he was right. By the way, Matt said "He has rosen too". I think he has learned more about the bible at this school in 2 months than his lifetime at church. Probably because nursery and Sunbeams are total chaos. I love that he is learning about Jesus. He tells me he knows Jesus loves him.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

hey what does 'toldya5' mean? i seriously feel like i know nothing here! i need details fast! on everything!

Suzanne said...

That is hysterical! Kids do say some interesting things! I'm glad Matt's getting such a solid foundation at his school. :-)

megan said...

So I love that!! Your kids are hilarious!! Summer just told me today about your scripture study group- it sounds awesome! I think she is going to start it in our ward and I am really excited. Have you really enjoyed it?

Christy said...

Too funny! When I babysat Matt the other night, I was helping him wash his hands and saw the cross. I asked him if it was drawn with a marker. He said yes and then told me the same story that he told you but finished with: "I think Jesus made all the markers."
:)