My latest addiction

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Kate and Matt's friend Walker sent them both a webkinz in the mail. They are so excited and have slept with them and carry them everywhere we go. So, I have heard of webkinz, but never really knew what they did. So I logged on to their website and registered the kids and now I am addicted. I have to get on everyday and make money for them so I can buy them stuff (you know for the animal's virtual life). Kate and Matt like to watch, but they are more interested in having the stuffed animal. I really should teach them how to use the website, but I am having too much fun. Brandon thinks I'm weird when I get all excited about winning a game against another webkinz, who is probably another parent anyway, right? Hey it makes money for my, I mean the kids, animals. If any of your kids have webkinz let me know so our animals can be friends and we can play. Really I do involve the kids, but I seem to enjoy it more than them. Kate is excited to invite Walker over to her newly decorated (from all my hard work) room. I really should get back in my craft room, but speaking of which I need to go check the webkinz employment office to see what job I can get today.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

I know exactly what you mean. "I" am addicted to certain games too. Walker is an architect and builds all the rooms for his SIX webkinz. We'll send you his login name to we can play. By the way, I laughed the entire time I read this post.

Mindi said...

Ok I am feeling kind of guilty, my children love webkinz and I have no idea what goes on there. Abby has 16 and is quite the expert her username is xqo7.

Anonymous said...

I don't even have children, but I am hooked on webkinz! Jackie you need to give me your little username and we can hang out! I have two by the way, a reindeer and a platypus :]

Sara Decker said...

You are hilarious. We don't own any, but maybe i should check it out. Sounds fun.

Andrea said...

SO FUNNY! I can hear your voice in this post. I heard some friends of mine talking about this last week for their kids. And here you are, a fan! You crack me up. Good luck with your victory swag! :)

{sara} said...

Darbi and Maci are totally addicted to Webkinz, they both have a couple. In fact, Maci has the same penguin as Matt. I've never been on the site - does that make me a bad mom?

Chanel Palmer said...

I am laughing out loud! I can totally see you getting into this and the kids not giving a hoot. That's great.

I guess I should be turned into Child Protection Services, my kids have never had one and I don't even think they know what they are.