Matt's Race

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back in June I took the kids with me to watch my friend Gina run a 1/2 marathon. We drove along the course and got out every once in a while and ran up to the race to cheer her on as she passed us. The kids really enjoyed it, they had made a sign for her and they yelled for her when ever she passed. Since then Matt has been asking to do a race, me being a runner wanted to encourage that so we signed him up for the Disneyland kid race, which was run in California Adventure at Disneyland. He was so excited and proud of himself when he finished.


Getting ready...
There were so many kids in this race, Aunt Christy came too and ran with Matt so we wouldn't lose him. He ran so fast that this is the only picture I was able to get of them :)...
Here is my fast runner at the finish....

3 comments:

Christy said...

I had so much fun and will run in any "kid" race you want me to! Especially since I could probaby never even last through a 5K. :)

Suzanne said...

Great job, Matt. My boys love to run in races too. Walker puts on his "fast" running shoes and off he goes.

megan said...

How seriously cute is that?!! He's following in your footsteps!