Annie-12 months*

Sunday, January 17, 2010

So Annie is 13 1/2 months, but I just got around to taking her to her 12 month doctor appointment. She is 23 pounds and just started saying Mama a couple of weeks ago. (I love it). At the appointment they gave me the worksheet to fill out for 14-16 month babies. It has questions like... can feed self with spoon? can scribble with a crayon? can say 3-6 words clearly? to name a few that I had to say no on. Well when I met with the doctor (she doesn't know that she is seeing a pediatricians daughter and kind of treats me like I don't know what I am doing) she got on me for saying no to those things. I told her that Annie was still young and that we would work on it in the next few months and lets face it she is a third child. Oh yeah and also there was a question about brushing her teeth morning and night. I just said yes to that even though I don't because I didn't want to hear about it, kind of like when they ask how much TV your child watches and you put 1/2 hour knowing full well that it is much more than that. So chances are by her next appointment at 18 months she probably won't be coloring or feeding herself with a spoon, but I'll just say she is because I'm not worried that she will grow up to never use utensils or drawing devices. However, she sure knows how to throw a tanturm, which I think is very age appropriate.


3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hilarious! I too have lied on development forms.

nanditha said...

So cute she is!

Arani said...

She is cute as a button