You should all be jealous...

Saturday, January 2, 2010

of me (for many reasons of course), but especially for what I got to do yesterday. Brandon's brother David and his wife Christy have a beautiful baby boy Carter who was 12 weeks premature and is still in the hospital. He is doing well and is just over 4 pounds now. Christy took me to see him yesterday and I got to hold him. It was such a special experience and I have never felt so much love for a baby that wasn't my own. I wanted to put him in my purse and take him home with me. I enjoyed having this wonderful experience and to share it with Christy (thank you Christy for sharing your sweet baby with me). He will probably be coming home in a few more week and then I will get to see him more often. You have to agree his is a perfectly beautiful little baby.


This is my hand (which is not huge). Look how small he is.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ah, how sweet! I know how special that was for you.

Robyn said...

Jackie, that is so cool. What a beautiful little baby. I'm so glad you got to bond with him. I love his name too, that is one of my favorite boy names.

Sarah Hull said...

oh I am so jealous. what a darling little guy. Glad you were able to have such a special experience.

Christy said...

Jackie--this was the sweetest post ever! Carter loved to snuggle with you and I know that he loves you as much as you love him. It is fun that we have that bond now--before it was just me being in love with all your kids! :)
I can't wait till he gets a bit bigger. I bet Carter and Annie will be best friends.

Mindi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.