Catch up on two months

Sunday, June 22, 2008


So, most of you already know that I am pregnant. I am almost 18 weeks and have been really sick for the past 12 weeks. I've had only a couple of good days in those weeks, most have been pretty bad. I have spent many days laying on the couch yelling up the stairs at the kids. I have also been know to pay Kate to entertain Matt, it actually works really well. Today we had a great lesson in Relief Society about keeping a journal and I have been inspired, despite how I am feeling, to recommit to my blog. So here is an update on the kids for May and June. Warning-this may be long and boring to most of you....

Matt had his 4th Birthday on May 17th. We had a little family BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa's. Matt got a lot of gifts and was excited about every one. His favorite present was from Brandon and I, we got him his first bike.
Because of Matt's food allergies he cannot have a regular cake and requested a Jello Cake instead. (His first birthday I made a dairy free, egg free, wheat free cake and no one would touch it).Right now Matt is obsessed with Spider man. He loves everything Spider man. Grandpa Kirk got him a Spider man swimsuit and it is the only one he will wear.


In early June both kids took swim lessons. Kate really didn't care for them, but Matt went from being hysterical when water got splashed on his face to going completely under. He loved swim lessons and when they were over asked over and over again for more. He is currently taking private swim lessons from a teenage girl in our ward. It has been so hot and we have been in the pool almost everyday and both kids are swimming so well now. Brandon offered to take them anywhere they wanted to go on a daddy date if they would swim across the pool, something we thought would take all summer for them to do. Last week both kids did it and Kate got to go get ice cream and Matt chose Chuck E Cheese. I am so proud of how brave they are at learning to swim. If you knew how scared they were a few weeks ago you would be impressed too.



Kate only has one more week of Kindergarten left. Recently she won an award for being a good writer. She wrote out all the words to a song they were learning in school, including the humming part and gave it to her teacher. That is why Kate was given this award and the Principal ask Kate to sing it for everyone and she did it in front of all the other Kindergarten classes and all their parents.

I am sure many other things have happened, but these are the most important. I will try to be better at posting from now on.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

You rock! I am certain you will feel better soon! HUGS!

Sara Decker said...

I didn't know you were pregnant, but that is so exciting. That is easy for me to say since I am not sick! Congrats. Keep us posted, loved the update.

Hugs from mom said...

Congratulations! I'm so sorry you've been sick but it's nice to see you blogging again. I've been checking and wondering why I hadn't seen anything new lately. I hope you feel better soon.

April Perry said...

You're so good, Jackie! I had to laugh at myself because I stared at that ketchup bottle for a full minute before I understood why it was on there. At first I wondered if you were craving it--but I get it now. I'm glad Kate won that award! She's so cute! And I love Matt's jell-o cake. I'm going to make him some jell-o for next time he comes over.

Sarah Hull said...

Great update. SO happy to hear that the kids are swimming now and not so freaked out by it!
I am dying to know what you are having. are you going to post the results?
Let's play soon. i miss you!

jamirodana said...

Cute kids! Love it when your child is stuck on a super hero or character. Gavin has been stuck on Sonic the Hedgehog for 4 years now. I don't know if it will ever leave.
Swim lessons are great!
I hope you start feeling better.
Dang cute quilts too! Talented just like your Mom.

Suzanne said...

Welcome back, Jackie. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Big hugs for sickness :[ But yay for Matt and Kate being so brave in the swimming pool! And Kate singing in front of the whole class? WOW!