April Fool's!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009


The reason I love holidays so much is because I love to make and have family traditions, a way that only our family celebrates something year after year. I have never really cared for April Fool's Day, mostly because I never could think of any good tricks. Today was such a fun day though because now the kids get it and love to play tricks. This morning when the kids woke up I told them that Annie learned to walk and Matt looked at me all serious and said "can I see?". I told him to use that joke on his teacher at school. After school he told me that he told his teacher that Annie started talking and then said April Fool's. His teacher told him "good one". I got this next idea out of the current Family Fun magazine. I took a small bag of Cheetos (regular chips for Matt because of his allergies, but the Cheetos worked better), and opened the bottom of the bag. I took out the Cheetos and put in some carrots and a note that said "April Fool's. Kate's off track so she had lunch at home with me. When she opened them she looked at me all serious and said "these aren't Cheetos, I think their carrots". I said "are you sure? Try one." She pulled one out and put it to her mouth and said "yeah, it's a carrot". She was all serious and concerned and then she found the note and I said "Gotcha". She said I didn't get her because she knew they weren't Cheetos. I put the chips in Matt lunch which he eat at school today. As soon as I walked into Matt's class to pick him up he said to me "Mommy you got me today". I said "what did you think, wasn't that funny?" He said "Yeah, you freaked me out". All day they kept saying funny things then saying "April Fool's". We had a good day. Do you have any other idea of tricks to play, maybe for next year? Did anyone get you good? Happy April Fool's Day

1 comments:

Christine Segura said...

Jackie, I am moving on June 6th and we have to get the kids together one last time before I go! Annie is such a doll and I can't believe how mature Kate looks. Oh I want to see her and talk to her again. I know Jane and Catherine would die too. Let's do it soon! Call me and i'll call too.
Christine