What we've been up to...

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I just looked at the pictures in my camera and realized we've been really busy and I have a lot to update...

I started running again a few months ago and I did my first 5k since college a couple weekends ago. I have been training with a couple friends to do another half marathon in June. My 5k time was 27:00 minutes, I was happy with that time since I usually run around 10 minute miles, but Brandon told me his last 5k he "thinks" he did 26:30. I can't believe Brandon can beat me now. I don't like the 5k much, I'd rather run a longer, slower race. At least there is no way Brandon could beat me in the half :).

I also signed the kids up for the 1k kids run. The also did it with some friends and both seemed to like it. 1k is .6 of a mile and I was impressed they ran the whole time. My camera ran out of batteries right before the kids race, so this is all we've got. (by the way, I got a new battery and hopefully I won't have this problem anymore).
Brandon took Kate on a date to the Daddy daughter dance at school. Kate wanted so badly to wear a dress. I took her to the store and let her pick out what dress she wanted. This is what she chose.
And then she found one in Annie's size, oh yea! I wouldn't of picked this dress, but I am a sucker for matching girls, so Annie has one too. Look at her pose, she loved it.Last week we went to visit my mom and grandparents. It was a short trip, but mom kept us busy with lots of fun activities. One afternoon we took the kids to the University farm to see the baby cows. I remember going there when I was young and seeing the baby pigs. When you walked up to the cage the cows stuck their heads out wanting to eat. Matt was brave and was petting them, but as you can see Kate didn't like it.

We also went to the Children's Museum and the beach(which was freezing cold).


Right before we left my grandma invited me to see some of her quilts. I really enjoyed looking at them. Here are my favorites...
Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Morro Rock, Morro Bay, CA-I use to go to Morro Bay for Cross Country Camp in High School and just love how this quilt reminds me of those fun time.She made this quilt for a contest in the Ensign magazine with the theme "Worldwide Church". It has the temple in the middle and all different types of house you find around the world, with an umbrella over the whole thing. The quilt was displayed in Salt Lake City with other contest winners and a picture was in the Ensign. The most amazing part of this quilt is the beautiful hand quilting.


Going home....



Annie is the perfect little baby and has been so good on all of our outings this month. Here is a recent picture of her and another I took today.


2 comments:

Robyn said...

Jackie, your kids are so cute! What a fun trip to see Grandma. I love how you took a picture of grandma with each of her quilts. That will be fun to look back on years from now. She really is talented. And so are you as a quilter too!

That's great that you're running again. I am crazy and signed up for the half marathon at Saddleback Memorial Hospital on Monday May 25 (Memorial Day). The money goes towards heart research so I am going to try to do it each year in honor of my dad. I hope I don't pass out at the end or throw up like I did 2 years ago. I am so nervous. I'm only up to 9 miles right now.

You should do it with me! It's not too late to sign up! I run about a 10 minute mile too so we can hang together and then you can slowly go ahead while I die.

That's cool that Brandon's been running too! You guys look like you're in great shape. Good for you.

Annie is adorable. I can't wait to meet her. One of these days can I just drive out there and hang out? We've been so busy lately, but most days I make up places to go with the kids. Email me and let me know what days are best for you.

Suzanne said...

Your grandma's quilts are amazing. I guess I forgot you that you were a third generation quilter. I should have known by all of your talent.

My favorite picture is of Kate leaning at an angle away from the animals. I shouldn't laugh at her reluctance but that was so cute.