Enrichment Night

Thursday, March 13, 2008


I am still new to this blogging and I need to carry my camera with me more often so I can better document the things I want to share with you. I just got a calling in my new ward. I am on the Enrichment Committee. I was the Enrichment Leader in my old ward for the past 2 years. I love Enrichment, but it was so much work to be the leader, now I just do what I'm told and I love it. So, I was called just in time for our Relief Society Birthday Enrichment that was tonight. I always struggled with coming up with ideas for Enrichment so I want to share what we did so anyone who needs a good idea can steal it. Our program was focused on sisters around the world. There was a sign up in Relief Society to bring a main dish or salad from another country. Then after dinner, 7 different women shared a story about a sister in another country. There was a story from a country for every Continent. They were touching stories about their struggles and blessings that come from living righteously. There were also 2 musical numbers, one was sung in French and another in Spanish and then we closed by singing As Sister's in Zion. The table center pieces were very simple but appropriate and adorable. They were pots with different countries flags in them. I asked where they got the flags and they were from Oriental Trading Co. I have more ideas if you need them, let me know.

1 comments:

megan said...

Really cute idea!! Ours is this Tuesday, I'll let you know what they do!