Latest Quilt-St. Patrick's Day

Tuesday, March 11, 2008


Here is my latest quilt I made for St. Patrick's Day. Those that know me, know how much I love holidays. It doesn't matter what holiday (although Halloween is by far the best) I love to decorate and make family traditions. Every year, I think since we've been married, we have a few friends over on St. Patrick's Day and eat green dinner. I have a contest for the most unusual use of green and I have got some super creative friends. It make for a fun tradition and good time. I'm not sure how it will happen this year since I don't know many people here, but I will still make a green dinner even if it just for us. Do any of you have any good ideas for green food? Or any good St. Patrick's Day traditions? Stay tuned for Kate's all green outfit to be revealed the 17th.

7 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

I am in love with your quilt and your awesome quitling talents! You are one amazing woman with all your skills!
Cant wait to see Kate in her outfit! Too fun.

Suzanne said...

Very cute! Don't tell me---you whipped that up in an afternoon? I love the shamrock fabrics! I'm so excited that the blog is now the way I get to see what is going on in your sewing room.

Higham Inc. said...

Hey Jackie!
I'm so excited you have a blog. Your quilt is amazing! Doug and I are officially parents Alyssa was born on January 24th...crazy how having a baby turns your life completely upside down. You can check out our blog for pics.

Sara Decker said...

i love the green dinner idea...i think i will do the same. what could i make? salad, green jello, green rolls, green pasta maybe???

Jackie said...

Things I've made in the past for the main course are Pasta Alfredo and with green food coloring and chicken enchiladas with green sauce and tortillas. There are a lot of green veggies and fruits to make salads. Rolls are a good idea if you use food coloring.

Mindi said...

Hey, Keep the cute pictures of crafts coming I would love to see your quilt that you made for Matt. I saw it when you were in the process.

Chanel Palmer said...

Super cute!
I love it!